ABOUT THE EVENT
Special Concert Performance | Sol LeWitt Exhibition
In honor of ongoing special exhibition Strict Beauty: Sol LeWitt Prints, the NBMAA invites visitors to enjoy concert events inspired by the artist’s work. A two-part series of concerts of the music of J. S. Bach and Neely Bruce, featuring the West End String Quartet.
Counterpoint and Line in Art & Music: Sol LeWitt and the Interplay of Forms Part I
Sunday, November 7, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Selections from The Art of Fugue, by J. S. Bach
- 21 Lines: Pulse Music for Sol LeWitt, (String Quartet No. 7) by Neely Bruce (world premiere)
- Contrapunctus 14, by Bach, completion by Kevin Korsyn (world premiere of Korsyn’s version for string quartet)
Counterpoint and Line in Art and Music: Sol LeWitt and the Interplay of Forms Part II
Sunday, January 9, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Aria, with variations in the Italian manner, by J. S. Bach
- Friendly Fugues for Laurie Frenzel, Alec McLane, Carver Blanchard, and Robert Carl, by Neely Bruce (world premiere)
- Four Preludes and Fugues fromThe Well Tempered Clavier, Book One, by Bach, F# major and minor; A major and A minor