Sponsorships and Special Gifts
Special project support and sponsorships are a strategic way to support the Museum’s unique offerings while also advancing your values or particular interests. These gifts help maintain the NBMAA as a cultural leader and provide increased access to its resources.
With upwards of 25 special exhibitions a year, ranging from traditional to contemporary, the Museum encourages emerging artists of all ages through the NEW/NOW series, the annual Nor’Easter juried Members Exhibition, New Media series, and student art shows.
Exhibition sponsorships also offer significant marketing opportunities and prominent exposure and credit before, during and after the run of the exhibition. Sponsorship packages may include:
- exhibition title wall credit
- credit in all exhibition and program materials
- sponsor presence at previews and opening reception
- private tours for company VIPs
- opportunity to host private reception
- recognition on website, in the quarterly newsletter and calendar, bi-weekly e-blasts, and Annual Report
Education and Outreach
Sponsoring NBMAA educational programming is an investment in the community as a whole as these programs have a significant impact on the region. Consider that the NBMAA:
- offers free admission every Saturday from 10am-12 noon and through several Community Days throughout the year and program scholarships
- holds affordable arts educational programs for all age levels;
- welcomes thousands of students and educators to the Museum each year for tours and art activities
- supports emerging artists, artists-in-residence and college interns seeking a career in the arts
Educational programs available may include:
- Access to the Arts student tour program and teacher opportunities/resources
- Family Programs
- Adult studio classes
- The hands-on, multi-age ArtLab
- Nurture Through Art: Infant to Teen studio programming
- Homeschool Days
- Lecture Series
- Film/Video Series
- Art Happy Hours
- Sunday Music Series
Partner with our outreach efforts:
- First Fridays
- Museum After Dark parties
- Free Saturday Mornings
- Community Days and Family Days
Support on one of our publications:
- Exhibition catalogues: usually 2 per year (100-150 pages)
- Exhibition brochures: usually 2 per year (3-4 pages)
- Art & Insight magazine, distributed to 3,500
- Quarterly Calendar, distributed to 6,000
- NBMAA’s web-site, nbmaa.org, which receive over 300,000 visits per year
Strategic Gifts and Designated Gifts
Along with ongoing operational needs, the NBMAA is advanced by strategic initiatives and pilot programs, often multi-year in length. The NBMAA welcomes investor/partners. Gifts are frequently needed to match government funding for these important projects.
For further information on any of these opportunities please contact Amanda Shuman, Associate Director of Development, at (860) 229-0257, ext. 246 or [email protected].
Gifts of Art
The development of the NBMAA’s collection has been advanced over the years by generous monetary gifts earmarked for acquisition and gifts of artwork and whole collections. The NBMAA welcomes your gifts of artwork which can be made through outright gift, fractional gift or through a bequest.
Please contact Keith Gervase, Collections Manager, at (860) 229-0257, ext. 217 or [email protected].