COVID-19: Health and Safety Updates
Over the past few months we have been carefully preparing to reopen our doors while maximizing the safety and comfort of our visitors and staff. We are delighted to offer you and your family much-needed access to our lovely, peaceful galleries beginning July 18, and are implementing a number of new policies to ensure each visitor's safety.
- This summer, visitors are required to make reservations and pay online in advance.
- Guests are encouraged to limit visits to 90 minutes during these early opening phases.
- All guests and staff members are required to wear face masks inside the building.
- Visitors will move from space to space in one direction by following floor arrows and by moving clockwise within each gallery space.
- There will be no guided tours during this phase of our Museum reopening. Enjoy the collections and exhibitions at your own pace.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to all.
- Bathrooms are open at reduced capacity. Touchless paper towel dispensers have been installed.
- Water fountains are closed. Water bottles are available upon request at no charge.
- The Café will remain closed during these early phases.
- NBMAA will close on Mondays and Tuesdays for cleaning, and from 1 p.m.-2p.m. each day for mid-day cleaning; In addition, staff will clean high-touch surfaces once per hour during visitation.
While the museum is closed, we also welcome guests to explore our new online hub to view special lectures, explore our permanent collection and special exhibition, and access at-home art activities.
We look forward to welcoming our visitors back soon!